Transform Your Garage into a Professional Auto Shop
Care for your car in the comfort of your home
If you prefer to do your own automotive maintenance and repairs the garage is the obvious place to set up shop. But in order to ensure that you can complete any project safely and conveniently, you are going to need to have some garage auto accessories in place. In order to help you turn the space into a mechanic’s paradise, we have put together a list of 10 essential features:
- Ample Lighting: Your garage needs to be bright enough to see what you’re doing, but not so bright that you annoy the neighbors or attract unwanted attention. Strategically place lights on the ceiling and front-wall to achieve the desired brightness.
- Lift: At some point you are going to need to access the underside of the car, and without a lift that can be a challenge. A variety of options are available, ranging from inexpensive, space-saving options to professional-grade equipment.
- Quality Flooring: Working on a car regularly can be tough on your garage floor. Upgrading to materials that are durable and stain-resistant is an option worth considering.
- Drive-Through Capabilities: If your space allows, think about putting in a second garage door so that you can drive straight through. This makes the space more versatile and allows you to take advantage of natural light and ventilation.
- Air Compressor: An air compressor is pretty much a mandatory garage auto accessory. You can either go with a portable option or mount a hose to the ceiling to take up even less space.
- Wall Mounts: Storing parts and tools on your wall is a lot more convenient than trying to keep them all piled in a drawer. Simple wall mounts make it easy to keep the essentials within arms reach.
- Sink: If you’re working on your car you’re going to get dirty. Instead of trying to make it inside with filthy hands, put a sink in the garage and leave the mess where it belongs.
- Shop Vac: Most conventional vacuums are inappropriate for an auto shop. Invest in a shop vac to keep your space and your car clean.
- Stereo: Who wants to work on a car in silence? If you plan to spend a lot of time in your garage, invest in a stereo and enjoy your favorite tunes while you work.
- Work Bench: Work space is just as important as storage space. Make sure you have a large flat surface, and if you’re pressed for space, consider a workbench that can fold up flat against the wall.
Garage Designs Celebrates the Home Mechanic
We have worked on countless garage upgrade projects and many have involved adding auto accessories to a space. We understand the needs of the home mechanic and have devised clever ways to turn any garage into a serviceable auto shop. If you’re ready to get to work under the hood, take advantage of deep discounts for a limited time only.
SHOWROOM ABOUT US DEALS