Garage Storage Solutions for a Family of Seven
This family had a problem – the garage housed a beautiful sauna the homeowners relocated from their prior residence, but the space was so awful they didn’t have motivation to use it. Yellowed drywall full of hockey-puck holes, a filthy concrete floor and sporting goods strewn everywhere compounded the dismal vibe.
The homeowner toyed with selling the sauna but decided to clean up the space and find new garage storage solutions.
That’s when Garage Designs of St. Louis came on the scene. After several meetings, the plan to create a clean, comfortable garage space was born.
- First, the battered drywall was replaced and the entire garage received a fresh coat of paint.
- The concrete floors were treated to a warm, sandy-colored epoxy floor coating.
- To harmonize with the cedar-wrapped sauna, the homeowners chose rich cedar-colored garage cabinets.
- Several storage zones were established.
- Next to the home entry, a custom cabinet for shoes and essentials was hung.
- A bar area complete with counter top and refrigerator lined one side wall.
- Across the garage, sporting goods found a home in a bank of upper cabinets and on StoreWALL storage panels below.
- The home’s central vacuum system was smartly concealed in another garage cabinet.
- An exercise mat and flat screen TV provide a comfortable work-out space.
Now the homeowners cannot wait to use the sauna and the rest of the garage, too! ‘
Does your family need help with garage storage ideas?SEE OFFERS